With four little ones every day is a bit chaotic. And that's okay. Because somehow I'm able to craft amid the chaos.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Poppets, My Very First

Over on Craftster an amazing lady ghilie came up with a awesome pattern and freely shared it with anyone who wanted it. It was a doll and she called the dolls poppets. I've now made several and have decided it was time to put them here on my blog. I thought I'd start with my first one.

I was trying to make something completely different, but the fabric I had bought for the skin wasn't quite right, and the joints I was using annoyed me (I was using cheap plastic teddy bear joints), so instead I made Marcelline. 
 Here she is headless and showing off her pink star tattoo, which I had to add to cover a little hole in the fabric.
 This kind of shows how creepy they can look with out hair. I let my daughter (who was 3 at the time) pick her hair. She choose navy blue. I thought that looked a little too plain, so I added streaks to the front.


Finally, here you can see that I didn't stuff her neck enough, and that her hair was too heavy.

1 comment:

  1. She's beautiful!!! Love the colors you used. Great work..:0)

    ReplyDelete